GMO Foods are NO JOKE! It's not surprising that Americans are getting sicker and sicker every year..because we DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE EATING!!! >:( If you ever just wondered HOW SERIOUS eating GMO foods can be, look at this video: "Genetic Roulette". LoOk at the film and make it VIRILE! Americans need to KNOW THE TRUTH!!!
When I discovered the danger of Mammograms during my Research about Natural Cancer Cures, I was shocked to find how much marketing was devoted to convincing women to get Mammograms, and thoroughly disgusted when I heard advertising on the radio for FREE MAMMOGRAMS! American women (young and old) must understand that Mammograms almost GUARANTEE Cancer for the women who get it on a regular basis! Then I thought to myself, what a clever way to INSURE that there are always fresh new “customers” to play their deadly CANCER GAME! They offer their mammogram screenings for free, and make-up the difference thousand-fold on the back-end when women get Cancer, and the”trusted physicians” are already trained to direct them into Chemotherapy, Radiation and Surgery… how ingenious BIG PHARMA is!!! > – (
Please read this article and share the information with as many people as you know! It’s time for WE THE PEOPLE to stop the unnecessary SUFFERING, DEATH and DESTRUCTION of humanity for DOLLARS!
This Popular Procedure Tripled the Cancer Risk of 1.65 Million People Last Year
By: Dr. Mercola
The evidence is really stacking up against the routine use of many commonly used medical screening methods such as mammograms and CT scans—two ionizing radiation screening methods that I’ve been warning about since the creation of our web site.
On the heels of recent reports revealing that too many diagnostic tests are being done on adults, new reports have now come out, warning that some of these tests not only can cause cancer in children, but can induce new cancers in children who are being treated for cancer.
Chest Radiation at Young Age Contribute to Later Breast Cancers
Researchers from the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York City recently presented their findings at the annual meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology in Chicago, stating that girls who receive radiation to the chest to treat childhood cancer have a high risk of developing breast cancer at a young age.
Even those who received low doses of the common cancer treatment face an increased risk of breast cancer later, the scientists said, adding that the risk posed by radiation may be as great as having the BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutation—two genetic mutations associated with an increased risk of breast cancer.
The researchers analyzed data from nearly 1,300 cancer survivors in the Childhood Cancer Survivor Study. As reported by MedPage Today:
“With a median follow up of 26 years, 175 of the nearly 1,300 cancer survivors later developed breast cancer at a median age of 38 years. The time between the initial therapy and later breast cancer was a median of 23 years, the researchers found…
As well, they studied 4,570 first-degree female relatives of participants in the Women’s Environmental Cancer and Radiation Epidemiology study to estimate the incidence associated with carrying two mutations, BRCA1 and BRCA2, that increase the risk of breast cancer.
Overall, Moskowitz said the cumulative incidence of breast cancer at age 50 was 24 percent, compared with the 4 percent background rate among all women reported by the Surveillance and Epidemiology End Results (SEER) database.
For women exposed to the high levels of mantle radiation formerly used to treat Hodgkin lymphoma (20 Gy or more), the cumulative incidence at age 50 was higher at 31 percent, Moskowitz said. That is similar to the 30 percent incidence seen in the cohort of relatives among carriers of the BRCA1 mutation, she said.
But even for women exposed to lower levels of whole-lung radiation (10 to 19 Gy), the cumulative incidence was elevated and was comparable to the 10 percent rate seen among carriers of the BRCA2 mutation in the cohort of relatives, she said.”
Sadly enough, the proposed “solution” is to begin mammogram screenings earlier on women who received radiation treatment in their youth, which further increases their risk of cancer! The nonsensical nature of this argument is truly mind-boggling.
Routine Mammograms are Ineffective and Increase Your Risk of Breast Cancer
Mammograms expose your body to ionizing radiation that can be 1,000 times greater than that from a chest x-ray, which we know poses a cancer risk. According to Dr. Samuel S. Epstein, M.D., chairman of the Cancer Prevention Coalition, and Rosalie Bertell, Ph.D. of the International Physicians for Humanitarian Medicine:
“If a woman follows the current guidelines for pre-menopausal screening, over a 10 year period she would receive a total dosage of about 5 rads. This approximates the level of exposure to radiation of a Japanese woman one mile from the epicenter of atom bombs dropped on Hiroshima or Nagasaki.”
… [In] a study by Dr. Robert M. Kaplan, the chairman of the department of health services at the School of Public Health at the University of California, Los Angeles… they found 22 percent more invasive breast tumors in the group who had mammograms every two years compared to the group who had just one mammogram over a six-year period.
Not surprisingly, as often happens when anyone dares speak out against those in power, both the American Cancer Society and NCI called Dr. Epstein’s findings “unethical and invalid.” But Dr. Epstein is by no means alone anymore. A number of studies have surfaced, especially in the past couple of years, shedding much-needed light on the ineffectiveness and dangers of mammography. For example:
- In July 1995, The Lancet wrote about mammograms, saying: “The benefit is marginal, the harm caused is substantial, and the costs incurred are enormous …
- A 2009 review of the available research by the esteemed Cochrane Database of Systemic Reviews found that while mammography screening was likely to reduce breast cancer mortality, screening also led to a 30 percent rate of over-diagnosis and over-treatment, which meant that all in all it actually increased the absolute risk by 0.5 percent. This means that for every 2,000 women screened over a 10 year period, ONE woman will have her life prolonged, while 10 healthy women, who would not have been diagnosed with cancer had they not been screened, will be treated unnecessarily.
- A 2010 study reported in the New England Journal of Medicine suggests that increased awareness and improved treatments rather than mammograms are the main force in reducing the breast cancer death rate. Mammograms, combined with modern treatment, was found to have reduced the death rate by 10 percent, but the study data indicated that the effect of mammograms alone could be as low as 2 percent or even zero. To put this into further context, a 10 percent reduction would mean that if 1,000 50-year-old women were screened over a 10 year period, 996 women rather than 995.6 would not die from the cancer, an effect so tiny it may have occurred by chance!
- A 2012 Harvard study found that 15-25 percent of breast cancer cases are over-diagnosed, translating to 6 to 10 women being over-diagnosed for every 2,500 women receiving annual mammograms. The researchers concluded that mammograms may not only be inappropriate for breast cancer screening, but may actually contribute to significant over-diagnosis of cancer that otherwise would have remained harmless.
CT Scans Also Found to Cause Cancer in Children
In related news, the British medical journal The Lancet recently reported that computed tomography (CT) scans are associated with an increased risk of cancer. While the scans can produce life-saving images of head injuries, complicated pneumonia, and chest infections, a child who is exposed to the radiation from just two or three scans will TRIPLE their risk of developing brain cancer later in life. Five to 10 scans was also found to triple the risk of leukemia.
Kate Kelland with Reuters quoted Amy Berrington de Gonzalez of the National Cancer Institute at the United States National Institutes of Health, who worked on the study with scientists from Britain and Canada:
“It’s well known that radiation can cause cancer but there is an ongoing scientific debate about whether relatively low doses of radiation, like those received from CT scans, do increase cancer risks, and if so the magnitude of those risks… Ours is the first study to provide direct evidence of a link…and we were also able to quantify that risk.”
CNN Health, which also reported on these findings, offered the following sensible advice:
“A study last year found 1.65 million children got a CT scan during their visits to emergency rooms in 2008, a fivefold increase in 14 years. Before you agree to a CT scan for your child, here’s some advice from the study’s authors and pediatricians at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital:
- Ask for the lowest dose of radiation possible
- Avoid multiple scans
- Ask for an ultrasound or MRI instead, which have no radiation at all”
Many Cancers Go into Remission on Their Own
According to breast surgeon Susan Love of UCLA, at least 30 percent of tumors found on mammograms would go away if you did absolutely nothing. These tumors appear to be destined to stop growing on their own, shrink, and even go away completely.
This begs the question—how many cancer cures that are attributed to modern interventions like chemotherapy and radiation, are actually just a function of the individual’s immune system ridding itself of the tumor on its own? And how many people get over cancer in spite of the treatments that wreak havoc on the body, rather than because of them?
It is impossible to definitively answer this question. But it is safe to say that the strength of your immune system is a major factor in determining whether or not you will beat cancer, once you have it.
Nearly everyone has cancerous and pre-cancerous cells in their body by middle age, but not everyone develops cancer. The difference lies in the robustness of your immune system. Dr. Barnett Kramer of NIH says it’s becoming increasingly clear that cancers require more than just mutations to progress.
They need the cooperation of surrounding cells, certain immune responses, and hormones to fuel them. Kramer describes cancer as a dynamic process, whereas it used to be regarded as “an arrow that moved in one direction” (e.g., from bad to worse).
What does this mean for you?
The better you take care of your immune system, the better it will take care of you.
One way to strengthen your immune system is to minimize your exposure to mammograms and other sources of ionizing radiation. But you can also build up your immune system DAILY by making good diet and lifestyle choices. One of the best ways to do this is by optimizing your vitamin D level.
Vitamin D: Cancer Fighter Extraordinaire
Vitamin D, a steroid hormone that influences virtually every cell in your body, is one of nature’s most potent cancer fighters. Receptors that respond to vitamin D have been found in almost every type of human cell, from your bones to your brain. Your liver, kidney and other tissues can convert the vitamin D in your bloodstream into calcitriol, which is the hormonal or activated version of vitamin D. Your organs then use it to repair damage and eradicate cancer cells.
Vitamin D is actually able to enter cancer cells and trigger apoptosis, or cancer cell death. When JoEllen Welsh, a researcher with the State University of New York at Albany, injected a potent form of vitamin D into human breast cancer cells, half of them shriveled up and died within days. The vitamin D worked as well at killing cancer cells as the toxic breast cancer drug Tamoxifen, without any of the detrimental side effects and at a tiny fraction of the cost.
I strongly recommend making sure your vitamin D level is 70 to 100ng/ml if you’ve received a cancer diagnosis. You can achieve this through direct, safe exposure to ultraviolet light, or if this is not possible, by taking an oral vitamin D3 supplement. Vitamin D works synergistically with every cancer treatment I am aware of, without adverse effects. To learn more, please watch my one-hour lecture on vitamin D.
Top Tips for Cancer Prevention
A recent study published in The Lancet predicts worldwide cancer cases may balloon to 22.2 million by 2030, up from 12.7 million in 2008. According to Dr. Freddie Bray of the International Agency for Research on Cancer, “we’re headed in the wrong direction when it comes to controlling cancer rates worldwide.”
“The study found that any reductions in infection-related cancers like stomach, cervical or liver cancer… are being offset by “an increasing number of new cases that are more associated with reproductive, dietary and hormonal factors.”
-CNN Health reports.
This, along with the evidence of increasing rates of radiation-induced cancers discussed above, should be a wake up call for anyone who cares about their health. It’s important to realize that cancer is for the most part a man-made disease, primarily influenced by lifestyle and toxic environmental exposures. It’s time to quit promoting damaging screening methods like mammograms as “preventive” health strategies. It does not prevent anything, but rather increases your risk of cancer and unnecessary and potentially harmful treatments.
Prevention truly is worth a pound of cure when it comes to cancer, and the following healthy lifestyle strategies can help you avoid ever becoming a cancer statistic.
1. Avoid Fructose and Sugar. It’s quite clear that if you want to avoid cancer, or are currently undergoing cancer treatment, you absolutely MUST avoid all forms of sugar — especially fructose — and this is largely due to its relation to insulin resistance. According to Lewis Cantley, director of the Cancer Center at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center at Harvard Medical School, as much as 80 percent of all cancers are “driven by either mutations or environmental factors that work to enhance or mimic the effect of insulin on the incipient tumor cells,” Gary Taubes reports. As a standard recommendation, I strongly advise keeping your TOTAL fructose consumption below 25 grams per day, including fruits. But for most people it would also be wise to limit your fructose from fruit to 15 grams or less, as you’re virtually guaranteed to consume “hidden” sources of fructose if you drink beverages other than water and eat any processed food.
2. Optimize Vitamin D. There’s overwhelming evidence pointing to the fact that vitamin D deficiency plays a crucial role in cancer development. Researchers within this field have estimated that about 30 percent of cancer deaths — which amounts to 2 million worldwide and 200,000 in the United States — could be prevented each year simply by optimizing the vitamin D levels in the general population. On a personal level, you can decrease your risk of cancer by MORE THAN HALF simply by optimizing your vitamin D levels with sun exposure. And if you are being treated for cancer it is likely that higher blood levels probably around 80-90 ng/ml would be beneficial.
3. Get plenty of natural vitamin A. There is evidence that vitamin A also plays a role in helping prevent breast cancer. It’s best to obtain it from vitamin A-rich foods, rather than a supplement. Your best sources are organic egg yolks, raw butter, raw whole milk, and beef or chicken liver. However, beware of supplementing as there’s some evidence that excessive vitamin A can negate the benefits of vitamin D. Since appropriate vitamin D levels are crucial for your health in general, not to mention cancer prevention, this means that it’s essential to have the proper ratio of vitamin D to vitamin A in your body. Ideally, you’ll want to provide all the vitamin A and vitamin D substrate your body needs in such a way that your body can regulate both systems naturally. This is best done by eating colorful vegetables (for vitamin A) and by exposing your skin to safe amounts sunshine every day (for vitamin D).
4. Exercise regularly. If you are like most people, when you think of reducing your risk of cancer, exercise doesn’t immediately come to mind. However, there is some fairly compelling evidence that exercise can slash your risk of cancer. One of the primary ways exercise lowers your risk for cancer is by reducing elevated insulin levels, which creates a low sugar environment that discourages the growth and spread of cancer cells. For example, physically active adults experience about half the incidence of colon cancer as their sedentary counterparts, and women who exercise regularly may reduce their breast cancer risk by 20 to 30 percent compared to those who are inactive. It’s important to include a large variety of techniques in your exercise routine, such as strength training, aerobics, core-building activities, and stretching. Most important of all, however, is to make sure you include high-intensity, burst-type exercise, such as Peak Fitness. These exercises activate your super-fast twitch muscle fibers, which can increase your body’s natural production of human growth hormone. For detailed instructions, please see this previous article.
5. Normalize your ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 fats by taking a high-quality krill oil or fish oil and reducing your intake of most processed vegetable oils.
6. Get sufficient amounts of iodine. Iodine is an essential trace element required for the synthesis of hormones, and the lack of it can also cause or contribute to the development of a number of health problems, including breast cancer. This is because your breasts absorb and use a lot of iodine, which they need for proper cellular function. Iodine deficiency or insufficiency in any of tissue will lead to dysfunction of that tissue, and tumors are one possibility. However, there’s significant controversy over the appropriate dosage, so you need to use caution here. There’s evidence indicating that taking mega-doses, in the tens of milligram range may be counterproductive. One recent study suggests it might not be wise to get more than about 800 mcg of iodine per day, and supplementing with as much as 12-13 mg (12,000-13,000 mcg’s) could potentially have some adverse health effects.
7. Avoid xenoestrogens. Xenoestrogens are synthetic chemicals that mimic natural estrogens. They have been linked to a wide range of human health effects, including reduced sperm counts in men and increased risk of breast cancer in women. There are a large number of xenoestrogens, such as bovine growth hormones in commercial dairy, plastics like bisphenol A (BPA), phthalates and parabens in personal care products, and chemicals used in non-stick materials, just to name a few.
8. Avoid unfermented soy products. Unfermented soy is high in plant estrogens, or phytoestrogens, also known as isoflavones. In some studies, soy appears to work in concert with human estrogen to increase breast cell proliferation, which increases the chances for mutations and cancerous cells.
9. Have a tool to permanently erase the neurological short-circuiting that can activate cancer genes. Even the CDC states that 85 percent of disease is caused by emotions. It is likely that this factor may be more important than all the other physical ones listed here, so make sure this is addressed. My particular favorite tool for this purpose, as you may know, is the Emotional Freedom Technique.
10. Only 25 percent of people eat enough vegetables, so by all means eat as many vegetables as you are comfortable with. Ideally, they should be fresh and organic. Cruciferous vegetables like broccoli in particular have been identified as having potent anti-cancer properties. Drinking a quart of organic green vegetable juice daily is an easy way to increase your vegetable intake. Please review my juicing instructions for more detailed information.
11. Maintain an ideal body weight.
12. Get appropriate amounts of high-quality sleep.
13. Reduce your exposure to environmental toxins like pesticides, household chemical cleaners, synthetic air fresheners, and air pollution.
14. Limit your exposure and provide protection for yourself from EMF produced by cell phone towers, base stations, cell phones and WiFi stations. On May 31, 2011, the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), an arm of the World Health Organization (WHO), declared that cell phones are “possibly carcinogenic to humans.Implement as many safety strategies as possible if/when you cannot avoid their use.
15. Boil, poach or steam your foods, rather than frying or charbroiling them. Better yet eat as much raw food as you can.
This film is one of the most detailed explanations about the history of “The Cancer Game” that I have ever seen! Lots of good information that we ALL should know! I hope you enjoy it and find YOUR Alternative or Natural Cancer Cure!
The regular readers of the Your Natural Cancer Cures websites at http://www.YourCancerCure.net and http://www.YourNaturalCancerCures.com know that I am an advocate for eating ORGANIC fruits, vegetables, nuts and using herbal medicine to maximize the quality of your good health and prevent disease! Too often, we allow the Medical Industry to sell us on the misconception that certain diseases are “hereditary”! Frankly, I believe that very few diseases are hereditary, and most are instead, the result of medical mental programming (“as a man thinketh” … about contracting a disease…you will most likely get it!), and unhealthy and incorrect cooking habits that are, unfortunately, passed down from one generation to the next, without question!
A well-known humorous example of “Generational Food Preparation Habits” is the story about “Grandma’s Cooking Secret”, where the newly-married granddaughter’s husband asked her why she cut off the ends of the roast before cooking, and the only answer she could give him was, “That’s the way my Mother and Grandmother always did it.” Only to find out later, when she asked her Grandmother about that strange “secret”, that the roast was too big for Grandma’s available cooking pan, and she had to cut off the ends to make it fit in the pan!
Dietary Consequences For One Disease – Diabetes
To exhibit the DIETARY nature of a all-too-popular disease, Diabetes, a company in Connecticut, named Raw For Thirty Days, LLC, took six Diabetics and put them on an ONLY RAW ORGANIC DIET for 30 Days, and amazingly, five out of the six, were NOT Diabetic at the end of those 30 days! They no longer needed insulin, or any of the diabetic medicine that they were previously taking on a daily basis before the experiment! Now how cool is that?!! The one Diabetic that did not experience the amazing results of the others, quit before the 30 days had passed. So, for the people who have been identified as having any level of “Diabetes”, it seems that all they need is access to good ORGANIC Fruits and Vegetables, a good support system, a little belief and determination, to completely overcome Diabetes! Checkout this amazing video Trailer!
Our Ignorance of Why Diseases Exist is Not Our Fault!
We, as Americans, grossly underestimate the power of good ORGANIC Food in our diets on a Daily basis, but it’s NOT really our fault! The U.S. Department of Agriculture has, not only known about the benefits of nutrition, but documented the proof from years of research during the 60’s, that a good nutritional DIET is very beneficial in curing and preventing almost ANY disease! Unfortunately, our elected officials in government office, at the time, confiscated the report in 1971, right after the completion of the $35 Million Report, entitled Benefits From Nutrition Research. The report didn’t resurface again until 1993/94, when it was mysteriously forwarded to the organization, Citizens For Health, to help in their fight to prevent the FDA from classifying Dietary Supplements as Drugs. If you haven’t noticed, they are still making headway towards that goal with the Dietary Supplement Safety Act, introduced by John McCain!
Effective Disease Control Starts with YOU!
The time for Americans to blindly trust their elected politicians to “Do the RIGHT thing” is long gone, because MOST of our “trusted” politicians have become “spiritually bankrupt” and corrupted by greed, money and power, and are not interested, at all, in the well being of the American People! And as time continues, our Food, Health and Medical Freedoms are systematically being eroded away with new laws EVERY YEAR that significantly reduce our Health, Medical and Food choices! It doesn’t do much good to have all the freedom in the world, when you only have ONE choice!
Let YOUR Congresspersons know that you want to not only retain all of our existing Food, Health and Medical Freedoms, but for them NOT to vote for any Law that reduces our choices in any of those areas, like the Dietary Supplement Safety Act, and the Food and Drug Modernization Act, and not requiring GMO Foods to exist in our markets without being labeled as GMO foods! If you don’t stand-up NOW, people, you’ll be lying down for the Pharmaceutical, Medical and GMO Food Industries to just walk all over you, while “killing you softly”, and fleecing your pockets, all the way to your graves!
The danger of Foods with Genetically Modified Organisms is deeply entrenched in America and other countries around the world with millions of acres of GMO crops growing around the world. Your Natural Cancer Cures applauds Jeffrey M. Smith, as he educates the public and reminds us that CONSUMERS RULE, and that we have the power to boycott companies that use GMO food in their products!
Take Note People, THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!!
On the Health Note, GMO Foods have ALREADY been determined to cause Cancer and create other major side effects, however, the FDA is so infiltrated with people from Monsanto, that they keep telling the public that they found nothing wrong with GMO Foods despite reports by their scientists expressing many health concerns! Our question is what will happen if all of our community markets ONLY have GMO produce and food products???…If we have NOT grown our own ORGANIC foods, we will become continually sick, until we DIE…much to the delight of the medical Industry, because they will have more patients to purchase their chemotherapy drugs, radiation and surgery!
I’m so glad that Mr. Smith has actively devised a way for the American public to learn about GMO Foods and TAKE ACTION to reach the “tipping point” to rid the Food Product Industry of GMO Foods.
Click the link below and take the time to view this important video!!!!
I hope that this video opens the eyes of people diagnosed with Cancer, and helps them to better understand their disease, so as to NOT get taken down the “CANCER GAME” Path of unnecessary suffering, death and destruction!
Get educated and enjoy your journey back to health…naturally!
This 1-3/4 hour movie shows how companies, like Monsanto, are pushing for Genetically Modified Foods to become the “global” norm, through Farmer intimidation, but it’s also showing the resistance of the Global WE THE PEOPLE against these greedy food warmongers!!
I just learned the disturbing news that one of Monsanto’s former Vice Presidents, Tom Vilsack has been appointed Secretary of Agriculture, and I know that he will be pushing for Monsanto’s GMO foods to also be classified as “Organic”! Don’t let it happen, people, otherwise the ONLY way we will be able to get healthy organic food is to GROW IT OURSELVES!!!!!!!
Let your CongressPeople know without a doubt that YOU do not want anymore expansion of genetically modified crops, AND the DESTRUCTION OF ALL EXISTING CROPS! It’s time that WE STOOD UP AND SAID “NO MORE!” Find your Congress people by clicking here!
Many of you who have been reading my opinions about Natural Cancer Cures, know that I highly favor eating organic 100 percent raw fruits and vegetables whenever possible to get the appropriate enzymes, vitamins, nutrition and minerals for maintaining an internal alkaline environment for maximum health. I acquired this opinion from viewing the Charlotte Gerson Video Series, and hearing Charlotte speak in detail about the main components of The Gerson Therapy, as well as hearing her patients’ testimonials, who have been cured of a variety of diseases with the Therapy 15 and 45 years ago with no return of the disease.
Well, it seems that in 1971 the U.S. Government came to the same conclusion as Dr. Max Gerson did in 1928… that a person with ANY DISEASE could be CURED WITH GOOD ORGANIC FOOD! I believe that my passionate research about Natural Cancer Cures has spiritually attracted my access to this very special report which was created by the U.S. Department of Agriculture in 1971, and paid for by WE THE PEOPLE to the tune of $35 Million Dollars! Yet, our wonderful federal government (or at least the Pharmaceutical Industry’s “paid” U.S. Representatives and/or Senators) confiscated all copies of this study before WE THE PEOPLE had a chance to get any knowledge of it, and apparently, it somehow got buried in the isolated and dusty Reference-Only Stacks of libraries, only to accidentally surface five years later in 1976, when it was discovered in one of those libraries! The information is self-explanatory, so I will just recreate it verbatim here, so that you, the American People can finally learn what our government has conclusively known for OVER+40 years! The following is PAGE 1-11 of this very important REPORT…
BENEFITS FROM HUMAN NUTRITION RESEARCH
By C. Edith Weir,
Assistant Director, Human Nutrition Research Division, Agricultural Research Service U.S. Department of Agriculture
Issued August 1971
By Science and education Staff
United States Department of Agriculture
Better health, a longer active lifespan, and greater satisfaction from work, family and leisure time are among the benefits to be obtained from improved diets and nutrition. Advances in nutrition knowledge and its application during recent decades have played a major role in reducing the number of infant and maternal deaths, deaths from infectious diseases, particularly among children, and in extending the productive lifespan and life expectancy. Significant benefits are possible both from new knowledge of nutrient and food need and from more complete application of existing knowledge. The nature and magnitude of these benefits is estimated in Table 1. Potential benefits may accrue from alleviating nutrition-related health problems, from increased individual performance and satisfactions and increased efficiency in food services. A vast reservoir of health and economical benefits can be made available by research yet to be done on human nutrition.
Major Health Problems are diet related. Most all of the health problems underlying the leading causes of death in the United States (Fig. 1) could be modified by improvements in diet. The relationship of diet to these health problems and others is discussed in greater detail later in this report. Death rates for many of these conditions are higher in the U.S. than in other countries of comparable economic development. Expenditures for health care in the U.S. are sky-rocketing, accounting for 67.2 billion dollars in 1970, or 7.0 percent of the entire U.S gross national product.
The real potential from improved diet is preventive. Existing evidence is inadequate for estimating potential benefits from improved diets in terms of health. Most nutritionists and clinicians feel that the real potential from improved diet is preventative in that it may defer or modify the development of a disease state so that a clinical condition does not develop. The major research thrust, nationwide, has been on the role of diet in treating health problems after they have developed. This approach has had limited success. USDA research emphasis has been placed on food needs of normal, healthy persons and findings from this work have contributed much of the existing knowledge on their dietary requirements.
Benefits would be shared by all. Benefits from better nutrition, made possible by improved diets, would be available to the entire population. Each age, sex, ethnic, economic, and geographic segment would be benefited. The lower economic and non-white population groups would benefit most from effective application of current knowledge. These savings are only a small part of what might be accomplished for the entire population from research yet to be done. Some of the improvements can be expressed as dollar benefits to individuals or to the nation. The social and personal benefits are harder to quantify and describe. It is difficult to place a dollar figure on the avoidance of pain or the loss of a family member; satisfactions from healthy, emotionally adjusted families; career achievement; and the opportunity to enjoy leisure time.
Major health benefits are long range. Predictions of the extent to which diet may be involved in the development of various health problems have been based on current knowledge of metabolic pathways of nutrients, but primarily of abnormal metabolic pathways developed by person in advanced stages of disease. There is little understanding of when or why these metabolic changes take place. The human body is a complex and very adaptive mechanism. For most essential metabolic processes alternate pathways exist which can be utilized in response to physiological, diet, or other stress. Frequently, a series of adjustments take place and the ultimate result does not become apparent for a long time, even years, when a metabolite such as cholesterol accumulates. Early adjustment of diet could prevent the development of undesirable long-range effects. Minor changes in diet and food habits instituted at an early age might well avoid the need for major changes, difficult to adopt later in life.
Regional differences in diet related problems. The existence of regional differences in the incidence of health problems has been generally recognized and a wide variation in death rates still exists among geographic areas. These differences in death rate may reflect the cumulative effect of chronic low intake levels of some nutrients throughout the lifespan and by successive generation. A number of examples of regional health problems attributable to differences in the nutrient content of food or to dietary pattern could be given. Perhaps the best know is ”the goiter belt” where soils and plants were low in iodine and the high incidence and death rate of goiter was reduced when the diet was supplements with iodine. Another situation existed in some of the southern states where pellagra was a scourge a few decades ago. Corn was the major food protein source for low income families in these areas. The resulting niacin deficiency raised the incidence of pellagra to epidemic proportions.
Migration from the high death rate areas almost always results in a reduction in the death rate, although the improvement never approaches the level achieved by those who were born and continued to live in the low rate areas. Similarly, persons who move from low rate areas into higher rate areas lose part of the advantage. If the death rate for one of the high death rate areas, Wiles Barre, Pennsylvania were applied to the entire U.S. population, 140,489 more persons under 65 would have died per year during the period 1959-61. If the death rate for one of the lower rater ears, Nebraska, had prevailed, there would have been 131,634 fewer deaths. The highest death rate areas generally correspond to those where agriculturists have recognized the soil as being depleted for several years. This suggests a possible relationship between submarginal diets and health of succeeding generations.
Need you READ MORE?????!!!! …
Our Government spent $35 million of the American People’s Money in 1971 to determine that DIET HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH HEALTH…and then, DIDN’T TELL US!!!!!
You Don’t believe that there is
a great FOOD Conspiracy going on?????…
Maybe the following movie, entitled “The Future of Food” will be more convincing!
Before I saw this movie, I only knew that the Burzynski treatment was another Alternative Cancer Treatment that was on the AMA “Quackery” List, and needed further examination by the American Public, and myself.
This movie, as with Kenny Ausubel’s Movie: “When Healing Becomes a Crime”, documents the UNSPEAKABLE injustices performed by the American Government against some of the brightest minds in the world! Please take the time to view this full length movie. It will give you a BRAND NEW PERSPECTIVE about “America: Home of the
I think that it is time for the American People to Stand-up to the Pharmaceutical Companies, and say “NO MORE”… lying to the American people, buying and controlling our politicians and Government agencies’ head people, to keep us away from Alternative and Natural Cancer Cures that can TRULY SAVE OUR LIVES BY THE MILLIONS!!!
All of my research tells me that these unspeakable acts against the American People’s Medical and Health Freedoms are being perpetrated by INDIVIDUAL PEOPLE in our House of Representatives, in our Senate, and at the heads of our Government agencies like the FDA, The National Cancer Institute, the American Medical Association, The American Cancer Society, and other TRAITORS to American Freedoms, that this country was built upon!
We need to STOP BEING passive Americans, and become DETERMINED-TO-KEEP-OUR-FREEDOMS AMERICANS! There are ways to identify EACH and EVERY elected official throughout our government that VOTES to lessen our food, health and medical freedoms, and we need to identify them, find them, and EXPOSE THEM to the general public with their photographs, so that we KNOW EXACTLY who needs to be “spanked”!
It”s time to STOP BEING SICK AND TIRED AND DYING, and start being “MAD AS H—, AND NOT TAKING IT ANYMORE!”, by taking steps TO END all of these injustices being perpetrated upon WE THE PEOPLE almost DAILY through Congress! Don’t just GET MAD…GET MAD and DO SOMETHING TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE! Enjoy the movie! CLICK HERE for the link!